Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Today we spent the morning at home. I had laundry and house cleaning to do. We rarely stay home during the day unless sweet hubby is home. This afternoon the girls cleaned their rooms, got dressed and we attempted to leave for a friends house to play. We went outside to find that our car battery was deader than dead. We traipsed back inside where I gave the girls chocolate chip cookies and made homemade play dough to cheer them up.

Shiloh: "We are not having a good day. Everyone is having fun today, but us."
Me: "Oh yes we are! We are having a great day. You get to spend the day with your Mom today. Some kids haven't seen their Mom all day because she is at work."
Shiloh" Why?"
Me: " Because they have to work every day like your Dad. You are very blessed."
Shiloh: "What's blessed mean Mom?"
Me: "Blessed means you have a lot to be thankful for.
Shiloh: "Like my bed, and I like your cookies. I am thankful for my dog."

And just like that she ran off to play with the puppy. The bad day was gone. Daily my kids teach me that your state of mind is everything. And that a good or bad day is only decided by my reaction to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment