Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2014

Birds and Seeds

So I have a very curious, inquisitive, questioning 5 year old. Daily I tremble at the thought of the next birds and bees question that will fall from her mouth. I attempt to sugar coat, be vague, change the subject, all of which never work. On multiple occasions I have been questioned as to how babies come out of my belly. I gladly explained my C-section process as that was simple and belly is a nice word. But on this day, I was questioned as to how she got into my belly to begin with....

Me: "Well, God put a seed in my tummy.

Shiloh: "How did he do that?"

Me: It was a very special kind of seed."

Shiloh: "Nu uh. How did I grow?"

Me: You grew from that seed into a baby and were born."

Shiloh: " NAH MOM!!! Seeds are for plants!"

Here I gracefully exit the room...I shall regain my composure and frantically search for more believable, G rated explanations.



No comments:

Post a Comment