Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

Bon Bon what?!

Just a 'Stay At Home Mom'...There is always that inevitable question, "What do you do ALL day??"
Never were more ridiculous words spoken...Just?!

I live in a house filled with adorable tiny creatures, who emit bodily fluids at random, that would put the Amazon rainfall to shame.
I am a maid.

They trip and bust lips and toes. Somehow in my mad dash to go pee, they face plant, scraping every limb. Here I am expected to be on stand by passing out the latest Disney band aids and free ice cream to all involved. They require shots to keep them healthy, but as I talk to the Doctor's office by phone, my children roar so loud, racing through the house that soon the nurse asks if I am watching Jurassic Park. At this point I fear they won't survive long enough to need those health inducing needles.
I am an ear plug wearing nurse.

They ask questions to which Mr. Google himself would be hard pressed to answer, afterwards staring at me intently, until I give a specific reason behind my reply. This then turns into 42 more questions with no rhyme or reason.
I am an imperfect genius specializing in everything known to man.

They hand out hugs and kisses as if it were Valentine's Day, just mere seconds before dumping every toy they own all over the house. They even felt as though that favorite plush Dino deserved to go for a whirl down the John.
I am a professional hugger, organizer and plumber.

They can't ever pick a favorite emotion as they are capable of crying, laughing, talking and snorting in one single breath. (What woman isn't?)
I am a therapist.

They are the best of helpers, and at times the worst.
I am an instructor of every life skill.

They have perfected the art of teaching me patience, but some days possess very little of their own.
I am a listener and I am a giver.

Everything is expected to be instantaneous or not at all! They yell for milk. They yell for three different snacks (None of which are in your pantry) all during a 5 minute time span. They yell for water at 3 a.m. and to be tucked in for the 20th time in a row. They screech for that candy bar in the checkout lane, or a PB & J at dinner, because that delicious lasagna you cooked for 2 hours looked better on the floor.
I am everything previously mentioned combined into a two second time frame.

They love deeply. They trust without question and follow me blindly. They are quick to forgive. They stand in awe at the smallest of details. What to me seems a tiny fragment of life makes them ecstatic. They notice when someone is down and rush to make them feel better.
I am their student, absorbing everything I have missed in my race through life.

This is only a small segment of my life of  'What I do all day'. Some days I am raising perfectly cute little ladies, and the next snarling hobbits. Regardless, I LOVE MY JOB. It is the most rewarding opportunity I will ever be given in life. This task of steering their stubbornness (Something I've deemed unruly determination.) towards things that will make them excel through life. I have accepted the challenge, even realizing I may barely survive it. In fact, I could possibly come out on the other side a bald lunatic.

Now, can someone please pass me a Starbucks and a Bon Bon?


No comments:

Post a Comment